You are visitor:
B&B Cyber Software
PROGRAM TO BE ANNOUNCED
CyberDX-SSB is a Cyberspace Simulation of Amateur Radio SSB DXCC
CyberDX-CW is a software simulation of an amateur radio station monitoring the world. The user attempts to work all of the countries in the world, using Morse code (CW). The countries are the same as those defined by the ARRL DXCC program as of 9 May 2000 (currently 334 countries). Only active countries count for awards.
Note: If you start late, you will loose time for the overall Honor Roll program, so order your copy today.
The software generates a simulated radio environment, where the operator can tune all of the HF bands and actually hear computer generated station activity. The user identifies and answers DX stations. The probability of a user hearing a given station is dependent upon:
- Time of day (estimated propagation)
- Noise Level (band related)
- QRM from other simulated stations
- Band in use and frequency (estimated propagation)
- Number of "real world" amateurs in the particular country
- Your latitude and longitude (estimated propagation to other station)
The probability of a DX station hearing you is dependent upon:
- Number of stations calling other than you (pileups can get worse the longer the station is on a given frequency)
- Timing of your call (as in the real world, you will have to time your call to minimize interference)
- Use of tail-ending, tail-ending is allowed, but only within the accepted practice of waiting until the current station gives his signal report.
- CW speed is dependent on where in the band you are tuned, with higher speed stations in lower portion of each band.
- Updates will be published on our WEB page. The user simply downloads the new install file and runs it, which will place new files in the proper directory where CyberDX-CW resides. The program will automatically incorporate any new file or database the next time the program is started.
Sound Clip Of CyberDX-CW in action
- CW Mode
- Keyboard Key Mode, no separate keyer or key required. Required Morse sequences are pre-programmed
- All Nine WARC bands may be used
- Spectral Display Unit (SDU) type display, with point and click to change frequency. Includes wide, medium, and narrow band sweep modes.
- Change Frequency By mouse or keyboard
- Change IF Filter
- Change CW Pitch and Sidetone Frequencies
- QRM from other stations, policemen on freq, DX works 2-way with other callers, etc.
- Silent monitor mode
- Change program defaults for your speed, base DX speed (for slower ops), your monitor volume, and program volume.
- Automatic Logging
- DX Cluster feature which automatically announces a percentage of the DX activity, simulates real-world cluster activity. Spots trigger a screen update and audio alert, "DX" in CW.
- Listings of worked and needed countries and prefixes
- Listing of worked stations
- On-line Help
- Multiple log files allow for tracking your overall total while at the same time, participating in contests.
- Now supports portable callsigns in a different location. <NEW>
- Windows95 or WindowsNT
- 486-66 or Pentium based system, 8MB RAM, 10MB disk space
- VGA or better display adapter (color display desirable)
- Must Have A SoundBlaster Compatible Sound Card
- Fastest User to 300 countries after official start date receives a cash prize of $100.00. Completed
- Fastest User to 310 countries after official start date receives a cash prize of $200.00.
- Fastest User to 320 countries after official start date receives a cash prize of $300.00.
- Fastest User to Working all countries after official start date will receive the GRAND PRIZE, a new HF transceiver.
- Winners will be listed on the bbcyber.com web page.
- WEB page honor roll listings (top 50 operators as gauged by number of countries and time to obtain that level). The Honor Roll listing will be updated weekly, log receipt cut-off being each Friday morning at 9AM Mountain Time Zone, with the associated listing posted on the honor roll web page by the following Monday at 9AM Mountain Time Zone. Before sending in your log, check the minimum number of countries required for the honor roll as defined by the entry at the bottom of the honor roll listing.
- Awards are verified by sending in your log file via EMAIL (CWlogs@bbcyber.com), FTP upload (ftp://bbcyber.com/cwlogs), or regular mail.
- Additional short time contests will be announced.
Current CyberDX-CW Honor Roll Listings
- Software disks and printed manual $54.00 + shipping (US Mail or UPS)
- Download Version without printed manual or disks, $39.00
- Printed manual and program disks cost extra $15.00 + shipping
- EMAIL Order Form
- Direct (1-303-666-5252) (program disks mailed direct)
- WEB Download (fully functional program, but with fixed callsign "WZ0XYZ" and only logs to 20 QSOs)
Note for UPGRADES: Upgrades are FREE. Downloads must download entire setup, since the version of the compiler was changed. Make sure you save your log files to another directory and put them back in the Cyber_DX directory after the new installation. Also, you will have to remake your registration database file with the Prgm-Reg.exe program. Your existing registration number will work.
Single File Installation:
Download CyberDX-CW Version 1.41 (2,607KB) self installing EXE file
Floppy Disk Sized Installation files:
Download CyberDX-CW Version 1.41, Disk 1 (1242KB Zip File)
Download CyberDX-CW Version 1.41, Disk 2 (1247KB Zip File)
Download CyberDX-CW Users Manual (74KB) ZIP, WORD 97 Document
Click here to start.
Back To Top
B&B Cyber Software Front Page